|OCHEEP! (Orange County Homeowner Energy Efficiency Program) - Homeowners Needed!|
|Written by <a href='/Green-Homes/'>Paul F Davis</a>|
|Monday, 28 June 2010 08:40|
10 Orange County homeowners NEEDED to form a group to attend an OCHEEP workshop to increase home energy efficiency and obtain a gov't rebate up to $1,000 per homeowner.
If interested - reply to me at facebook and info @ PaulFDavis.com
OCHEEP! (Orange County Homeowner Energy Efficiency Program). Because OCHEEP! is mainly an educational program to help homeowners make informed decisions about the energy efficiency options available to them, we consider the rebate portion of the program to be secondary. In order to receive a rebate, you have to follow some steps:
2) Sign the online Orange County Energy Star Pledge (https://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?fuseaction=globalwarming.showPledge&cpd_id=15605)
3) Attend a free OCHEEP! energy efficiency education workshop—rebate applications are distributed at the workshop
4) Hire a certified energy rater to conduct a Class I energy rating on your home. (Orange County will rebate up $300 of the cost of the rating) (http://securedb.fsec.ucf.edu/engauge/search_rater?state=FL&county=Orange&class=R1&l_name=&zip=&rater_type=all)
5) Use the energy rater’s findings to choose which upgrades you install in your home, and hire contractors to do the work.
6) Pay the contractors and apply for a rebate. (up to $700 in energy efficiency rebates are available)
http://www.PaulFDavis.com - consumer advocate, licensed real estate professional and Orange County resident (Florida)
Written by :
|Last Updated on Saturday, 26 March 2011 18:53|